Parent Teacher Fellowship
As a WA parent, you are automatically a member of the Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF), and are able to partake in the events that directly impact our school. We have many opportunities for you to be involved and serve as much or as little as your schedule permits. It is a great way to meet people and become even more a part of the Westminster Academy family.
PTF is advisory and participatory in nature. PTF exists to nurture relationships between the parents and school administration, to provide opportunities for involvement for parents; to promote Christian fellowship within the school community; to assist in improving programs, facilities, and the atmosphere within WA; and to encourage communication between parents and teachers.
Praise God for Westminster Academy, where we can come together each day in the name of Jesus Christ to celebrate what God is doing in the lives of our children. We look forward to meeting you.
Activities of the PTF
- Back-To-School Events— An opportunity for parents to become acquainted with their children's teachers and schedules.
- Touch Base Nights— Informal opportunity for parents of middle and high school students to converse with their student's teachers.
- Christmas Boutique — Annual craft boutique held on a Friday night and the following Saturday that draws exceptional vendors and is a wonderful outreach to the community.
- Kountry Kitchen — Area of the Christmas Boutique that sells homemade baked goods provided by our parents and faculty. Volunteers are needed to provide items to sell, decorate and package baked items Friday morning, and to work during the boutique selling the items.
- Parent/Student Event — Fun events for the family, varies each year. Suggestions Wanted!
- Spring Fever — A fun filled day with activities for the whole family. Water slides, rides, cakewalk, great food and more! Baked items are needed for the cakewalk.
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon — A luncheon held during Teacher Appreciation Week (May) to show the faculty our well deserved appreciation.
- Baccalaureate Reception— An event held after the Baccalaureate service in honor of the senior class for them and their guests.
- Eighth Grade Reception — Casual reception held after the 8th grade ceremony for the students and their guests.
In addition, PTF coordinates the following ongoing services:
- Uniform Bank - A store with gently used uniforms for sale at reduced cost. All items are $5 except PE uniforms, which are $2. The Uniform Bank is open Tuesdays from 2:30–4:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed.
- Faculty Appreciation Gifts - Items distributed several times during the year to show our appreciation to the teachers and staff. Donations are gladly accepted and appreciated. Any promotional items you may have access to are fun as well as $3 or $5 gift cards, candy, pens, highlighters, prayer cards, they are appreciative of anything. Volunteers are needed to acquire small gifts, wrap and label the items, and distribute them. In the past these items have been purchased by a parent or group of parents, PTF or donated by businesses and have included everything from apples to pens and highlighters, candy, flowers, coffee gift cards, to t-shirts.
There are tremendous opportunities for you to serve with PTF during the year. We look forward to having you join with us. To volunteer, or for more information, please .